Researcher; Project planning, organization and execution; Protection of intellectual and industrial property (patent drafting); Writing proposals / applying funding (research projects); Reviewer of manuscripts; Responsible of a characterization Lab.; Formation on processing and characterization equipment´s.
- PhD in Materials Engineering, University of Minho, Portugal in collaboration with Corticeira Amorim S.G.P.S., Portugal. Thesis title: "New Functionalized Cork Plastics Composites: Opening a wide Range of Innovative Applications for Cork based Products”; Work supervised by Prof. Rui L. Reis and Prof. João F. Mano (3B’s Research Group – Biomaterials, Biodegradables & Biomimetics, University of Minho, Portugal).
- Pos-Graduation on Processing and Materials Characterization, University of Minho, Portugal;
- Graduation in Materials Engineering (5 Years), University of Minho, Portugal.
Fernandes, Emanuel M; Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=0RW8VjUAAAAJ&hl=pt-PT
Polymer science applied to the development of new composite materials; Processing using melt based technologies (extrusion, injection moulding and compression moulding); Composite and biocomposite materials with natural fibres/fillers; Reinforcement strategies; Materials characterization including physical, chemical, mechanical and thermal analysis; New products and applications based on cork; Lightweight materials; Biomaterials.
- Processing and Characterization of Lightweight Composite Materials.
- Lignocellulosic Materials.
- Mechanical properties of cartilage.
Back to top